Join our Team as our Business Development Assistant
Coalition for Conservation (C4C) is a not-for-profit registered as an environmental charity, formed in 2016 to lay the groundwork for bipartisan support for action on climate change and environmental issues. This is an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional person to join our high-impact organisation providing effective and efficient administrative and business development support.
· To provide professional, efficient, and effective administrative support to C4C, ensuring the efficient and effective running of the charity office and daily business.
· To support the charity team in managing and administrating its fundraising, events, social media and marketing functions.
· To help coordinate fundraising activities
· To assist with C4C’s governance, filing, booking of meetings and diary planning
You will work with the CEO and Chair of the organisation and actively assist in the following streams of work:
- Media and communications. Supporting media and marketing activities to turn C4C into a high profile and sought-after educator and commentator on issues related to climate change and environmental science, impacts and solutions, and assisting in producing the organisation’s communications products including a regular newsletter, social media content and thought-leadership papers.
- Campaigns, Programs and Event Management. Assisting in preparing and managing events, including marketing, coordinating venues, guest speakers, and attendees, liaising with Government, businesses, academics and industry associations and assisting with the annual strategy to set up the “events & campaign planogram and budgeting”.
- Movement building and membership growth. Assisting C4C to build the numbers of members and well-connected advocates within the Coalition in order to engage our community and contribute to pro-environmental policy change at state and federal levels.
- External representation. Supporting the board in building the organisation’s profile and influence within all levels of Government, including participating in policy development processes within the Liberal and National parties.
- Organisational, admin, and management. Supporting the organization with the day-to-day management assisting the CEO to develop annual budgets, preparing board papers for Management/Board Meetings, taking Minutes and helping keep C4C’s records, filing, booking meetings, issuing invoices and doing the general administration.
Key Performance Indicators
In your role, you will be required to have the following skills:
- Organizational skills – A strategic mindset as well as the ability to execute day-to-day functions; be punctual, organized, and diligent with the work; be able to schedule meetings, keep and file notes and relevant communication with stakeholders
- Technical proficiency – Excel, Word, PP, online campaign content, digital marketing platforms, social media
- Communication and people skills (verbal and written) – Often being the first point of contact, the Charity Administrator will need to possess excellent communication skills. The image of the organisation and its services relies heavily on the ability of the Charity Administrator to communicate effectively and sympathetically with a wide variety of people including staff and supporters, ability to liaise with stakeholders, team members and the Board
- Knowledge of governance, business management and marketing – the ability to assist in the creation and execution of the business plan, ability to work to deadlines and execute marketing campaigns
- Problem-solving skills - The Charity Administrator will need to be practical, proactive, and able to use their initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- A commitment to action on climate change and the environment
The role can be part-time or full-time at an attractive salary
Candidates should submit by email:
● A cover letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the 6 priorities and 10 core competencies outlined in this position description, as a PDF.
● A link to an up-to-date LinkedIn profile (or curriculum vitae)
● Two referees whom the selection committee can contact.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please get in touch with the CEO Cristina Talacko at: [email protected].